Monday, May 25, 2009

Vacation

So, I'm not sure if I mentioned this before, but when I am at my new house I feel like I am on vacation! This will wear off unless I hire a chef, cleaning crew, and door man, but for now I am making the most of it! Yesterday it rained here, and I was even happy that it rained! I took my book and sat outside on the (partially covered) deck, kicked back on my chair and just listened to the rain come through the trees and the birds chirp in protest. Then... I took a nap. I'm finally down to the bare bones of unpacking. I got all my books out yesterday and set them up in my room. I still can't get over how big it is in there! Bed, two dressers, three closets, nightstand, two bookcases and you could still do a gymnastics floor routine in the middle of it... on the BRAND NEW CARPET!

Who knew life could be this perfect? This morning my roommate and I chatted it up and planned to head to the pool. I had some shopping to do first, so I met her there and we worked on our tans together. Now, I'm off to a picnic at a friends. Don't forget the spinach dip!

I hope that everyone is having a wonderful Memorial Day. And a special thank you to all of our service men and women who make it possible to feel like you're on vacation, at your own house.

~Michele~

No comments: